Motherland Quality Drum Repairmaking drums better
Types of Drums We Fix
- TALKING DRUM
- EWE DRUMS
- DOUMBEK & DARBUKA
- TABLA & BAYAN
- AND MANY MORE
If you have a drum with a broken skin call us for a quote about fixing it. Motherland is a full service workshop with an experienced and knowledgeable staff. We can provide options for repairs or improvements that will work best for your budget. We personalize each job by giving your drum it’s true and special sound, in tune with the music it was made to play. Our customers often say that their drum after we’ve work on it, sounds and looks substantially better than when they originally got it.
For the last two decades we have helped professional musicians and the general enthusiasts make improvements to, and maintain their musical instruments and accessories. How can we help you?
Djembe Repairrepairs range from a basic re-skin to a full overhaul
- Install a new skin of your choice using the existing rings and rope
- Inspect shell and repair small cracks
- Thoroughly clean the exterior
- Freshen and protect the shell with oil/wax if needed
- Tune drum for best performance and sound
This service is for drums with no defects in the rope, rings or large cracks in the shell
Full Custom Overhaul
For the individual who wants their drum to perform at the highest level
The tasks listed below are either standard practices or optional upgrades we can offer.
- Inspect drum shell for cracks that may affect structural integrity, sound, and aesthetics. Advise customer and fix as agreed
- Level and shape top and bottom edges for optimum performance
- Remove and reshape wood inside and outside of shell
- Make improvements to out-of-round drum heads
- Clean shell, oil, wax, or apply clear coat finish as needed
Attention to ring fit is important for best work and playability of your drum.
- Inspect existing rings, resize and adjust, or replace as needed
- Wrap rope rings with cloth for nice finished look
The ideal rope for djembes is strong, low-stretch, and aesthetically pleasing.
- We will help you choose the best size and type of rope for your drum
- A choice of colors and patterns are available
Goat and cow hides are standard types of djembe heads.
- Different qualities of each skin will affect the sound of your drum. We will help you choose the type and thickness that best suits your drumming
- Various heading techniques are available
Your drum will be professionally tuned and for most drumming enthusiasts little to no tuning will be needed after you receive it.
A comfortable braided hand grip for carrying your drum is standard with all Motherlands drum repairs. Other features we can offer include :
- Protective rubber base
- Rope wrapping for colorful design
- Upholstery nails for
- Double check skin for defects
- Check alignment and tightness of rope
- Fine tune as needed
- Final quality control inspection